They say as you grow older you become wiser but last Sunday the B.M.C members reversed that saying. All braved pretty unfavourable conditions to hold our second Club competition which turned out to be another successfull day. On the day we held nine four man heats which included two seven foot, four eight foot and three nine foot events. The points system for competing is as follows:
- 10 points - Turning up and competing on the day.
- 4 points - First place in heat.
- 3 points - Second place in heat.
- 2 points - Third place in heat.
- 1 point - Fourth place in heat.
As you can see the best points are scored for just turning up on the day, so please feel free to attend. Although some surfers are showing that they are more competitive than others, I also have noticed that the less experienced surfers are gaining more surfing skills by being involved in the competition day and just surfing together each Sunday. This is a credit to all club members and it is most pleasing to see the mateship growing in the club.
Presently, we have thirty financial members and with a steady increase we should be about fifty strong nearing Christmas. The club has now become fully incorporated and carries a two million dollar public liability policy. Funds for the club to date have been obtained from club membership. We require some necessary equipment for the club and we are currently running a raffle to purchase these items.
Raffle details: $1/ticket, limit of 1500 tickets. Prize: $500 open order at Pacific Lines Surf Co. Contact Ray Johnson on 866006 for books of tickets.
- FUTURE EVENTS: Saturday 29th September - Black tie and board shorts night at the Woodburn Memorial Hall organised by the Evans Head Over Eights Interested people contact Mick or Helen on 824813.
- Saturday 6th October at 3pm: B.Y.O Barbeque, venue Ross Cordery's, 10 Tea-Tree Place, East Ballina. All members and families welcome. Enquiries Ph: 865735. Bring a plate, knife and fork, tucker & grog.
- Sunday 14th October - Evans Head have been invited to Flat Rock to participate in our first interclub competition, the day will start at 8am. All interested in competing please let me know at the club meeting on the 11/10/90.
- Sunday 21st October - Club competition 7.30am Flat Rock. New members welcome.